‘CU Crossroads – 5 Questions Series’ sponsored by CU Rise Analytics is an attempt to bring insights from the Credit Union Industry Thought Leaders to help plan for the future.
For the series’ second release, Vicki Erickson – SVP Marketing & Communications of Topline Federal Credit Union was asked about her thoughts on the use of ‘Marketing & Digital Channels’ for credit unions. The following were the key takeaways:
- Keep your technology up-to-date so it’s ready and operational when you need it most.
- Digital marketing tools like informational landing pages and forms can support customer service teams, making their efforts more streamlined and effective.
- During difficult times, credit unions that fully demonstrate the philosophy of “people helping people” will strengthen their brand and be better positioned for growth.
- The pandemic has provided the opportunity to raise members’ comfort level with digital services and introduce them to benefits such as secure 24/7 banking, service from anywhere, and time savings.
- As members’ digital activity grows, the use of data analytics allows CUs to monitor and analyze behaviors, and extend highly targeted and relevant offers that meet a member’s individual needs.
With more people online, there is an opportunity for CUs to use digital marketing to capture attention and build brand. Data analysis can measure key market signals to better target marketing spend and deliver impactful media to consumers that fit target profiles.